Wednesday 28 April 2010

My cups over- filled.

I can't help but think of this next song when I become hungry. This is one of my favourite songs of the early 90s music scene. Hunger Strike was a song written for Andrew Wood, who was the lead singer of the Band Mother Love Bone, who Jeff Ament (Bassist of TOTD and now Pearl Jam) and Stone Gossard (Guitarist of TOTD and now Pearl Jam)were members of. Andrew Wood died, of what I believe to have been a heroin overdose, although I am sure Wikipedia has some kind of accurate cause of death. TOTD also consisted of Chris Cornell, of Soundgarden and Audioslave, and Eddie Vedder of Pearl Jam on vocals. Vedder was only on a few songs providing mostly back up vocals for TOTD with Cornell taking the main stage for the band. On drums was Matt Cameron of Soundgarden, but now drummer of Pearl Jam and Mike McCready on lead guitar (Pearl Jam). The band really was a fusion of the two Seattle based bands (known as the broadly used genre label 'grunge') and, for me, were the beginnings of the rise of grunge hitting the mainstream of MTV.

No comments:

Post a Comment