Friday 14 May 2010

The Cutter

Now I realise that it has been quite a while since I last updated my blog, but I have now finished my exams and my University life in all. A little happiness may have crept upon me. Anyway, that kind of stuff belongs in another blog.

Today's song I have been thinking about since last Friday, when I heard it in one of the scenes in Ashes to Ashes. The song I have chosen for today is Echo and the Bunnymen's The Cutter.

The song appealed to me, surprisingly. There's something almost Television-esque about them- maybe Joy Division? Also, the song reminds me of how we are now in for a Tory dominated 5 years. 'Spare us the Cutter' seems so relevant. Anyway, I had never listened to them before Friday and now I have even listened to more songs; I would have to say they were maybe a one hit wonder.


No comments:

Post a Comment